Meatless Fridays don’t necessarily mean fish sticks and tuna casserole (though I do have a fantastic runs casserole recipe I got from Weight Watchers). I made this WW recipe for Chipotle-Chutney Tuna Steaks last night, though because I was short on tuna steaks I subbed half with salmon filets. This recipe is found in WW’s Five Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook, copyright 2005, page 45.
Chipotle-Chutney Tuna Steaks
• 1/4 cup mango chutney
• 1-2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle en adobo chiles in adobo sauce (or 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice plus 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper)
• 4 (6 ounce) tuna steaks
• cooking spray
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro**
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine chutney and chiles in small bowl. Place fish on broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and spread half of chutney mixture evenly over fish.
3. Broil fish 5 minutes. Turn fish over; brush with remaining chutney mixture. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
4. Place fish on individual serving plates; sprinkle cilantro evenly over fish. Yields 4 servings.
Points Plus value: 5
Calories: 221 (7% from fat)
Fat: 1.7 g (sat. 0.6 g)
Protein: 37.4 g
Carbohydrates: 11.2 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 329 mg
Calcium: 50 mg
Iron: 2.3 mg
** I actually leave this out and it’s fine. If you have an aversion to cilantro (and you know who you are), don’t fear this recipe!
This has some kick to it, and I served it with fresh-baked French-style bread to cut into that some. Yummy!!