Our family was supposed to be going to a fish fry on Friday night at our parish, but it turns out we’ve got a basketball game instead. Phooey. But, that means I might be trying this recipe out instead, which seems a very good thing. If not this week, though, for SURE in March.
Healthified Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine
- ounces dried whole wheat or spinach fettuccine
- teaspoons olive oil
- cloves garlic, minced
- pound medium shrimp in shells, peeled and deveined (tails left on, if desired)
- cup Progresso® reduced-sodium chicken broth
- cup frozen peas, thawed
- medium plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- teaspoon ground nutmeg
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- slices whole grain baguette-style French bread (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and broth to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Stir in peas, tomatoes, lemon peel, nutmeg, and salt. Add pasta; toss with vegetable mixture. Heat through.
- To serve, divide pasta among four shallow soup bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with bread slices.
Search, share, and cook your recipes on Mac OS X with SousChef