Been baking again. Made some Cappuccino cookies, for which I will post a recipe if anyone wants it.
The cookies can be made with sprinkles around the edges or dipped in chocolate. (They are log-cookies, meaning you make a log of dough and refrigerate it before cutting them into slices.) I did it half-and-half, then made the chocolate-dipped ones half semi-sweet chocolate and half white chocolate.
(Update: Here’s the recipe, anyway.)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- chocolate sprinkles or melted semisweet and/or white chocolate chips (optional)
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until well blended.
- Heat milk in small saucepan over low heat; add coffee granules, stirring to dissolve. Add milk mixture, eggs, rum extract, and vanilla to butter mixture. Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating at low speed after each addition until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, about 2 inches in diameter and 8 inches long. (Dough will be soft; sprinkle lightly with flour if too sticky to handle.)
- Roll logs in choclate sprinkles, if desired, coating evenly (1/3 cup sprinkles per roll). Or leave rolls plain and dip cookies in melted chocolate after baking. Wrap each log in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut rolls into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. (Keep unbaked rolls and sliced cookes chilled until ready to bake.)
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Dip plain cookies in melted semisweet or white chocolate, if desired. Store in airtight container.
Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Please browse my eBay items. Thank you.