Okay, all. Here come the next ten questions in my Brain Teaser Marathon! I’ll check your answers (com boxes, please) after I get the girls into bed tonight, and I’ll post any answers you missed tomorrow afternoon before basketball practice.
You all did a great job yesterday!! Gold stars all around!
- What gets higher as it falls? Snow
- How do you stop moles from digging in your garden? Hide their shovels!
- Why did the overweight actor fall through the theater floor? It was just a stage he was going through.
- What happened to the man who invented the silent alarm clock? He won a Nobel Prize.
- What’s the best known star with a tail? Micky Mouse
- How did an actor get his name up in lights in every theater in the country? He changed his name to EXIT.
- Where would you find a square ring? A boxing arena.
- What do you give a bald rabbit? A hare piece!
- How do you make a slow horse fast? Don’t feed him. (A good Catholic answer!)
- Why did Sam wear a pair of pants with three large holes? To get his feet in. (All pants have three large holes.)
I’ll give you one hint about today’s: many of these are puns and groaners rather than brain teasers. (I’m getting them from a book called Classic Lateral Thinking Puzzles, which I might pull other stuff from. For now, you’re stuck with these.)
Update (01-17-08, 10:20 a.m. EST): Stacey is on the right track with her answer for #8. It’s so close that she might get credit for the right answer. 🙂 Barb is on the right track with her answer for #5. (Think warm and sunny.) I’ll check back again later today, between laundry, taking down Christmas trees, and sledding.